Norbeck Society Outings
~ Everyone Always Welcome ~
Feb. 16 Red Shirt (proposed) Wilderness: There are currently no grassland wilderness areas in the U.S. Three areas in South Dakota have been proposed as wilderness. Come see why this is the jewel of the three.
May 25 Annual Elaine Ebbert Botanical Wonder-Crawl & Potluck Picnic – Wind Cave Nat’l Park: Join a celebration of a wonder-filled life, of incredible people (that’s you), and the wonders of nature, great and small.
June 15-19 North Dakota Badlands - BACKPACKING
Photo below from May 26, 2012 Botany Canyon hike
· Participants must preregister. Contact: Mark (or Mary) Zim me rman at email@example.com or (605) 342-2552 (605) 342-2552
· Participants are required to sign a liability waiver.
· Participants may be prohibited from participating if an outing instigator believes the person does not have the physical ability and/or equip me nt to enable them to safely complete the outing.
· Outings are instigated – not led. We’re all on our own out there together.
· The wilderness (thankfully) remains a guarantee-free zone – enter and enjoy at your own risk.
For those of you who have enjoyed the writing and photography in these announcements, you can continue the enjoyment by becoming a follower of a new blog, Green Ink Seen, at http://greeninkseen.blogspot.com
Happy trails ~ Mark